Sunday, July 14, 2013

Going Vintage

     
       OK, so it is time for my second book review! One book that I read recently is, Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt. My friend Rachel, an avid reader like myself, recommended it to me. I typically like books that she suggests so I thought that I would give it a go.

     
       Going Vintage is about a teenage girl, Mallory, who one day discovers that her boyfriend is cheating on her with an avatar on an online game. After breaking up with him she swears off technology until she can complete a list of her grandmothers from the '60s she discovered. The list includes; 1. Run for pep club secretary  2. Host a fancy dinner party/soiree  3. Sew a dress for Homecoming  4. Find a steady and 5. Do something dangerous. What at first seemed like a simple task proves to be much more difficult than she ever planned. Plus there is a new boy that is causing Mallory even more confusion to add to her daunting task.

       At first, the book was rather boring, I didn't really like the main character  I thought the reasons for her break-up were a little strange and the ending appeared to be very predictable. But about halfway through the book it began to get more interesting and held my attention. Mallory seemed like a better character, the brake-up was more than met the eye, and the plot was different than what I expected (not by a lot though). By the end of the book I was very happy that I read it. It is a quick read, another great book for the summer or just a day at the beach.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment